Saturday, June 25, 2011

BF3

I'm going to start by thanking everyone that worked their asses off to put this thing together and all of the people that coughed up funds to sponsor. Also, thanks to all of those that brought out their vintage iron for all to see.

But, honestly, it just didn't do it for me this year. We've been invaded. I guess it was inevitable, nothing can stay grassroots/small circle/garage built goodness forever. The do-rags were out in full force, Affliction t shirts, swole up roid boys, fat tire horridness, Guido crotch rockets with 300 mm tires. Mean mugs were everywhere, up and down the vendor rows...yeah, I said it - rows upon rows of vendors. Selling seats, t shirts, you name it.

There were absolutely some wonderful motorcycles present. I'll be posting those up in the days to come. But from someone that isn't one of the chosen few, uber kewl secret handshake kids or a dude in a group of drunken 20 somethings, I felt out of place. Thanks to the Biltwell boys for letting me steal some shade and a quiet corner for most of the afternoon. These pictures actually make it look a lot better than it was.




I think this sticker, while a grammatical wreck, about summed up the day:

3 comments:

  1. sorry you didn't like the show man.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grant, again I know you busted ass to put it together, and I thank you guys for that. The old bikes were cool. The parts I didn't like were completely out of your control. Maybe our little "scene" won't be a trend next year and it will be back the way I think most of us liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you are saying, i saw a few things that made me cringe, but i saw some amazing stuff too. there were some bikes people haven't seen in decades! The John Cameron JD for instance.
    of course we want to keep the show special and i still thing there were the best bikes from all over there.
    were gonna take a break and weigh our options for the future....i'd like to ride my bike and enjoy life for a while now and let someone else do all the work.

    ReplyDelete